The Academic Council was established to ensure scientific, methodological and analytical support of the Institute's scientific activities.
The Chairperson of the Academic Council is the Director of the Institute, Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Education, Doctor of Philosophy, PhD (Education), Professor Svetlana Veniaminovna Ivanova. The Scientific Council of the Institute consists of deputy directors, academic secretary, heads of the Institute’s departments, leading scientists of the Institute.
In accordance with the Regulations, the activities of the Academic Council are as follows:
• examining scientific concepts, proposals for programmes for the development of education and science, for the main directions of scientific research;
• discussing essential scientific and pedagogical problems related to the main directions of the Institute's research activities; discussing the research activities of postgraduate students, doctoral students, job seekers, trainees;
• examining and evaluating the findings of the conducted scientific research, receiving the reports on the work of the Institute’s laboratories and centres;
• discussing issues related to the training and professional development of the Institute's researchers;
• adopting decisions on the publication of scientific works;
• awarding researchers;
• considering issues related to experimental activities;
• considering issues of coordination and cooperation with other scientific institutions.